Wednesday, December 8, 2010

GAME Plan and Professional Goal

I have learned a lot the past few weeks as I have analyzed the NETS-T.  I plan to continue to use the NETS-T when I plan for my instruction.  I believe it is important that I use these standards as part of my every day lesson plans in order to help prepare my students for the future. 

I do not have any specific learning goals using the NETS-T.  However, I do plan to continue to analyze each standard .  My goal is to use these standards as I plan for my instruction.  I also plan to continue to use a variety of resources as I learn more about every one of the NETS-T. 

I want to become comfortable with these standards and I want to share what I have learned with my colleagues.  Sharing my knowledge with other colleagues is one of the main reasons I wanted to get my masters in integrating technology into the classroom.  I have found that so many of my colleagues at school do not know how to properly use all of the technology that we have available to us.  I want to make sure that technology is used for a purpose and helps provide meaningful and engaging instruction. 

4 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    I think that it is great that you chose your masters program in part to share your learning with your colleagues. I think it is so important for teachers to share their ideas and learning with each other to benefit all of the students. There are many teachers that do not want to share ideas or work with their colleagues. It is so important that we all need to work together for the students. I bet your colleagues are very appreciative!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley,
    I completely agree with you. One of the best ways to get everyone on board with technology is for more teachers to do what we are doing. However, for those who do not want to go back to school, we must teach those so that we can help our students grow as digital natives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    I agree with you about using the GAME plan lesson plan. I'm going to share it with my colleagues as well.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth,I hope that the teachers at my school are going to want to use all of the technology tools that I would like to share with them.

    Robin, I hope that the teachers that don't want to go back to school are open to attend meetings about new technology and that they are willing to try them in their classroom.

    Denise, I am hoping that my colleagues are open to using the plan as they plan for instruction.

    ReplyDelete