Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Slight Change in my GAME Plan

After reviewing my GAME plan and comments from my peers, I have decided to combine my two goals. I plan to have students create a VoiceThread about being a responsible digital citizen. I will be able to meet my goal in both standards. By having the students create a VoiceThread about digital citizenship; it will require my students to take a closer look into digital equity.


One thing I am wondering about is how to present the information I have found on digital responsibility. I think it would be more interesting if I used technology to teach my students. I think a VoiceThread would be a great way to teach my students, however I don’t think I should if I want them to create a VoiceThread on the topic. I could create a podcast to teach them about these policies. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. You could also use Bing, to do a screen cast in order to model what you would like them to see or do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you create a PowerPoint presentation? It is just a thought. You could take pictures of your students ahead of time and use them for your presentation. You also said that you would be having your students create a VoiceThread, but I was thinking maybe as something added to that, you could have your students videotape themselves and they could tell/show digital citizenship.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,
    I agree with Elizabeth. After a short search on YouTube and TeacherTube, there are several videos and presentations on digital citizenship and internet safety. A power point presentation could be effective or you could have your students watch one of the videos and then create a voicethread with their reactions. I also like the idea of your students recreating a scenerio displaying digital citizenship. One valuable site I found was

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVHVHuIP_M

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,
    Thanks for posting the you tube site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, I like the idea of using Bing to create a screen cast. I don’t think my students have ever heard of a screen cast and I think this would be an exciting way to teach them about digital citizenship.

    Elizabeth, I think a PowerPoint presentation would also be a good idea. Using pictures of my students would help keep their interest. Videotaping my students is another good idea and I might offer this as an alternative to creating a VoiceThread.

    Robin, thanks for sharing the YouTube video. I often forget to use YouTube and TeacherTube as resources.

    ReplyDelete